Future Built Events
- This event has passed.
OCLA Power Session Series – Education and Industry: The Essential Collaboration.
February 19, 2021 @ 9:30 am - 11:00 am PSTFree
“‘Wind-Tunneling’ Your Business: How to Develop Robust Strategies with Scenarios.”
Ready to Outthink, Outmaneuver, and Outperform the competition, even in a Pandemic? Set yourself apart from the competition, the noise, and work through the uncertainty with this successful strategy: Scenario Planning. Pioneered by the oil company Royal Dutch Shell in the 1970’s, the Scenario Planning Process has been used to “wind-tunnel” businesses both large and small. Scenarios should be an integral part of your strategic thinking. Here is what you will learn in this content-rich webinar:
Why the Scenario Planning Process?
- In a fast-moving situation, where there is tremendous uncertainty, success is more related to having a good process than to having found the “optimal strategy.”
- Scenarios provide a way of making sense of the uncertainties we face and challenging our assumptions about what the future holds.
- The process of considering Scenarios together allows corporate leaders to question and change their mental models.
- You are no longer trapped in the paradigms of conventional wisdom. You can more easily distinguish fleeting trends from deeper structural changes.
How to Use Scenarios?
- Develop and Evaluate Business Portfolio and Capabilities Options,
- Assess Existing Strategies and Plans,
- Identify Threats and Opportunities,
- Develop a Common Strategic Language and Enrich Debate, and
- Make Risky Decisions More Transparent.
The Benefits of the Scenario Planning Process
- Identifying Strategic Priorities,
- Reconsideration of Vision and Objectives,
- Discover Gaps,
- Revealing Business Blind spots, and answer the question,
- “What Do We Need to Act-on NOW?”
Date: Friday, February 19, 2021.
Time: 9:30 A.M. to 11:00 A.M.
Investment: Sponsor Supported | No Participant Cost to Attend
Space is limited.
To Register, click on the following link: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/125991763757