California is a global trade and logistics giant with 2020 exports accounting for more than $151 billion in American-made goods to 227 foreign markets. In California, this sector is supported by 4.7 million jobs in such ﬁelds as logistics, ﬁnance, marketing, and management. A degree or certificate from your local community college can catapult you into your new career.
Careers in Global Trade
Are you ready for a career education that’s built for success beyond borders? Launch a bold new future in these fields and more!
Aerospace | Arts, Media & Entertainment | Fashion | Franchises | High Tech, Information Technology & Communications | Hospitality & Tourism | Life Sciences / Biotech | Manufacturing | Marketing, Sales & Service | Retail | Small Business & Entrepreneurship | Transportation | Wholesale Trade
Get the critical knowledge and tools to succeed in a global trade career.
Critical Thinking | Cultural Awareness | Organization | Work Ethic | Math | Time Management | Problem Solving | Project Management
Earning Potential for Careers in Global Trade
Your career education in global trade services opens doors to bigger opportunities, higher salaries, and more!
- Cargo and Freight Agents: $38,314-$62,531
- Customer Service Representatives: $31,639-$49,558
- Logisticians: $66,095-$109,120
- Marketing Managers: $96,203-$191,995
- Sales Representatives, Wholesale and Manufacturing, Except Technical and Scientific Products: $43,013-$99,346
- Sales Managers: $78,639-$176,584
- Shipping, Receiving, and Inventory Clerks: $30,155-$43,832
- Market Research Analysts and Marketing Specialists: $48,502-$88,312
- Transportation, Storage, and Distribution Managers: $71,692-$138,074
It seems like something that’s impossible. But once I start to get my hands on that, it starts to look like something that’s achievable.
Global Trade Facts
In California, the number of Marketing Managers is expected to grow much faster than average growth rate for all occupations. Jobs for Marketing Managers are expected to increase by 12.9%, or 5,900 jobs by 2028.
California exports translate into high-paying jobs for more than 1 million Californians. International trade, including exports and imports, supports nearly 5 million California jobs – nearing 1 in 4 jobs.
The Ports of Los Angeles and Long Beach are the two largest container ports in the United States.
Other Future Built Industry Sectors
Orange County Community Colleges