California is a global trade and logistics giant with 2017 exports accounting for more than $171.9 billion in American-made goods to 229 foreign markets. In California, this sector is supported by 4.9 million jobs in such fields as logistics, finance, marketing, and management. A degree or certificate from your local community college can catapult you into your new career.
Careers in Global Trade
Are you ready for a Career Education that’s built for success beyond borders? Launch a bold new future in these fields and more!
Aerospace | Arts, Media & Entertainment | Fashion | Franchises | High Tech, Information Technology & Communications | Hospitality & Tourism | Life Sciences/ Biotech | Manufacturing | Marketing, Sales & Service | Retail | Small Business & Entrepreneurship | Transportation | Wholesale Trade
Get the critical knowledge and tools to succeed in a Global Trade career.
Critical Thinking | Cultural Awareness | Organization | Work Ethic | Math | Time Management |Problem Solving | Project Management
Earning Potential for Careers in Global Trade
Your Career Education in Education & Childcare Services opens doors to bigger opportunities, higher salaries, and more!
- Business Operations Specialists: $50,000 – $55,000
- Cargo & Freight Agents: $33,250 – $54,180
- Customer Service Reps: $24,650 – $61,940
- First-Line Supervisors of Helpers, Laborers & Material Movers: $39,990 – $69,070
- First-Line Supervisors of Transportation & Material-Moving Machine & Vehicle Operators: $39,990 – $69,070
- Logisticians: $57,490 – $96,310
- Market Research Analysts& Marketing Specialists: $34,980 – $70,030
- Sales Representatives, Wholesale & Manufacturing, Except Technicaland Scientific Products: $26,630 – $56,730
- Manufacturing ProductionTechnicians: $46,810 – $79,290
- Sales Representatives, Wholesale& Manufacturing, Except Technicaland Scientific Products: $41,780 – $76,240
- Shipping, Receiving & Traffic Clerks: $25,860 – $39,490
- Transportation, Storage & Distribution Managers: $70,380 – $121,080
I’m juggling kids and a business, and I was able to find something here that I could fit into…my crazy life.
Global Trade Facts
In 2017, California exported $171.9 billion to 229 foreign economies, accounting for 11.1% of the U.S.’s overall exported product value.
In 2015, international trade supported over 200,000 direct and indirect jobs in the county and provided the second highest average salary in Orange County at $78,950, $23,000 over the average OC salary. Nationally, jobs supported by goods exports pay up to an estimated 18% above the national average.
The Ports of Los Angeles and Long Beach are the two largest container ports in the United States.
Other Future Built Industry Sectors
Orange County Community Colleges