Life Sciences & Biotech
The Science of Career Success.
Life Sciences and Biotech jobs projected to command high demand in the coming years will require various levels of education and skill. However, the majority of the top 10 occupations in this sector require either moderate-term, on-the-job training or an associate degree, making this sector a great choice for students looking for an accessible and well-paying job with career growth opportunities. A degree or certificate from your local community college can catapult you into your new career.
Careers in Life Sciences
Do you have a mind for science, and a passion for technology. Consider a high-tech, high-paying career in these fields and more!
Research, Testing & Medical Laboratories | Medical Devices & Equipment | Bioscience-Related Distribution | Drugs & Pharmaceuticals | Agricultural Feedstock & Chemicals
Get the critical knowledge and tools to succeed in a Life Sciences and Biotech career.
Teamwork | Critical Thinking | Communication | Work Ethic | Ability to Learn | Math & Science | Problem Solving | Interpersonal | Listening | Situational Awareness
Earning Potential for Careers in Life Sciences
Your Career Education in Life Sciences/Biotech opens doors to bigger opportunities, higher salaries, and more!
- Biological Technicians: $34,720 – $56,510
- Chemical Technicians: $36,090 – $62,190
- Dental Assistants: $29,664 – $43,736
- First-Line Supervisors of Production Workers: $44,910 – $76,370
- Industrial Engineers: $68,550 – $106,970
- Inspectors, Testers & Sorters: $28,370 – $49,810
- Life, Physical & Social ScienceTechnicians: $36,610 – $61,790
- Medical & Clinical LaboratoryTechnicians: $37,910 – $65,600
- Mixing & Blending Machine Operators: $28,890 – $46,550
- Natural Sciences Managers: $88,920 – $159,750
- Wholesale & Manufacturing Technical & Scientific Products Sales Reps: $55,280 – $115,250
I’m juggling kids and a business, and I was able to find something here that I could fit into…my crazy life.
Life Sciences Facts
California has the largest life sciences/biotechnology employment base in the U.S., employing more than 235,000 people, spanning more than 8,000 individual business establishments.
Statewide, there are 1,872 annual openings in sales, wholesale, and manufacturing positions related to life sciences.
Other Future Built Industry Sectors
Orange County Community Colleges