Putting the “Care” in Career.
Since 2009, the health sector in Orange County has added more jobs than any other industry, expanding from the county’s fifth largest industry to its second. Continued growth, increasing demand and a projected shortage of skilled workers means that Career Education grads with these skills will continue to see increased demand for the foreseeable future. A degree or certificate from your local community college can catapult you into your new career.
Careers in Health
Health professionals are in demand! Launch a high-paying career in these fields and more!
Radiology Tech | EMT/Paramedic | Health Information Technology | Medical Lab Technicians | Respiratory Therapists
Get the critical knowledge and tools to succeed in a health career.
Teamwork | Customer Service | Tech-Savvy | Critical Thinking | Communication | Work Ethic | Ability to Learn | Math & Science | Problem Solving | Interpersonal
Earning Potential for Careers in Health
Your career education in health opens doors to bigger opportunities, higher salaries, and more!
- Dental Hygienists: $95,426-$131,985
- Health Information Technologists, Medical Registrars, Surgical Assistants, and Healthcare Practitioners and Technical Workers: $38,791-$87,481
- Licensed Practical and Licensed Vocational Nurses: $53,934-$75,294
- Medical Assistants: $31,553-$45,633
- Radiologic Technologists and Technicians: $71,140-$106,513
- Registered Nurses: $88,720-$128,740
- Respiratory Therapists: $66,830-$92,374
- Surgical Technologists: $46,031-$68,210
The thing I just love is really being able to help people.
Health Sector Facts
California’s medical workforce includes 2.4 million people, more than any other state.
Average wages in this sector are strong, with the typical annual wage for an Orange County healthcare worker coming in at $75,569.
California has the most diverse population in the nation. Therefore, it is essential to increase the diversity of its health care workforce, including adding more bilingual workers.
Other Future Built Industry Sectors
Orange County Community Colleges